I remembered how much fun I used to have doing the 12 Random Facts game, so I put a call out on Twitter to see if anyone wanted to play. Guess what? People did! And today, I have the pleasure of presenting you with Kayla DeGroote's 12 Random Facts!!
Before we get to the facts, let me tell you a little about Kayla! She's an awesome Twitter buddy of mine who runs a book blog called A Wonderland of Reading! You can find her on Twitter @KaylaIChooseYou, and you can find her blogging pal, Stacie, @shybooknerd.
Now, on to the facts!! I present Kayla DeGroote!
1. I am a hardcore Pokemon fan. Not even kidding you right now. I've loved it since I was a kid and it has been in my life for as long as I can remember. I've got plushies, cards, shirts, pillow cases, bed sheets/blankets, video games, movies, even a Pikachu backpack. My favorite Pokemon are the eeveelutions but Pokemon in general is like my life right alongside books.
2. I am a feminist. That doesn't mean I hate men or anything, I just believe that because I am a woman that I should have the exact same rights as a man. I should be treated with the exact same respect as a man would be treated.
3. I'm agnostic. That being said I do find religion, all religion, to be quite interesting. Just their belief systems and how all these different religions choose to worship. They're all different but yet in many ways they are the same and I love that about religion. I just don't like when people use religion to excuse their bigotry.
4. I have over 500 books all in my own personal library (almost) all the way shelved. I have this little room that goes off the living room in my house that has floor to ceiling shelves built into the walls. There's also a built in old time-y desk. I spend about 99% of my time at home in that library.
5. I am probably one of the most awkward nerdy girls you will ever meet. It's actually a little sad how socially awkward, and just awkward in general, I am.
6. I am a die hard chocoholic and I am not ashamed. When it comes Halloween I buy all the on sale candy I can get and just pig out. I have no regrets.
7. Dr. Pepper is to me what coffee is to others. I love it and drink more than I probably should, it's honestly one of the only things I drink. It is like the best thing ever.
8. I am a book hoarder. I need to get rid of my books because I'm running out of room and I can't afford my book habit but I just can't part with any of my books and if I do, I almost immediately go out and buy like 2x the amount I just got rid of. I wouldn't be surprised if my cause of death was being crushed because a mountain of books fell on me.
9. I'm not a huge fan of the classics. I've tried to read several like Wuthering Heights, Pride & Prejudice, Lord of the Flies, Jane Eyre, To Kill a Mockingbird, etc and just could not get into any of them. The original Alice and Edgar Allen Poe, so far, are the only "classics" that I read and enjoy.
10. I don't watch a lot of TV and the TV I do watch, I go all out with. I love crime shows like Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI, and Law & Order: SVU. I watch marathon after marathon of them, a lot of the time repeat episodes, and never get bored or tired of it.
11. I judge books by their cover and title. I know everyone always says not to do that but I do. When I go to the bookstore or even just browse online I always look for eye catching titles and covers. If a book doesn't have one or the other (or both) then I don't even spare it a second glance to look at the synopsis. So the key to my heart is a gorgeous cover and an eye catching title. Even if I don't end up liking to book, if I like it well enough I still keep it on my shelf just for the prettiness. Ridiculous I know.
12. I am a history buff. I love learning about history, more specifically the dark and gruesome history as well as the 20th century. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll go online and look up facts or videos about random facts about things like the Holocaust, the 20s, the world wars. I especially like to look out for when the History Channel does documentaries or specials about certain subjects or periods of time. History is such a fascinating thing and I can never get enough of it!
Such great facts! Thanks for sharing Kayla!! Stay tuned next week for Maura's (Army Wife) 12 Random Facts!