Tuesday, April 23, 2013
I consulted with the Dream Team, and they said I should show my readers that I'm just a regular person like anyone else. So, I'll tell you twelve random facts about myself to show that while I'm not exactly a "regular" person I'm definitely a person--albeit quirky (oh, and I have no problem telling you all about myself...often times way more than you actually want to know). ;) I will start with what might be the strangest of all my idiosyncrasies...
1) I never leave the house without makeup on, not even to take out the trash.
2) I have ADD and must drink a caffeinated drink once a day to keep my focus.
3) I have had a crush on Val Kilmer my whole life. In fact, I try to suavely work his name into most conversations.
4) I don't like cake (don't hate on me).
5) I teach a Couch to 5k class every spring and fall.
6) I hate to cook.
7) I absolutely cannot spell. Seriously, it's so bad that spell check often can't interpret what I'm trying to say.
8) I am left handed.
9) I am almost a double major. I lack the final 3 credits for a double major in English because I refused to take Old English. Seriously, how would being fluent in Old English help me at all in life (Shakespeare isn't even Middle English--he's modern English)? It's the principle of the thing...
10) I love writing and directing plays but recently moved away from that to pursue my lifelong dream--being an author.
11) In my kickboxing class, I often pretend I am either a ninja or a stunt double in a movie.
12) Every spring, I get bright blonde highlights, and every fall, I dye my hair dark with red highlights. Even the cashier at Walmart noticed my pattern. I couldn't decide if I should be impressed with her observation skills or freaked out that I'm in Walmart enough to be noticed like that...